The OZEV Grant is ending for homeowners on March 31st, 2022, which means time is running out to claim the £350 EV charger installation funding. Here is what you need to know to make sure you beat the closing date!
What is the OZEV Grant?
The EVHS, or Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme, is a grant provided by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), aimed at offering an additional incentive to UK EV drivers.
The grant offers up to £350 off the cost of purchasing and installing a charging unit at your property, and can be claimed on the majority of fully electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles currently available on today’s market.
- You can claim one home charger per eligible electric or plug-in vehicle, and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
- Available to the majority of fully electric and plug-in hybrid cars.
- Your home charger must be OZEV-approved and installed by an OZEV installer such as Midlec Ltd.
How long do I have to claim the OZEV Grant?
Officially, the OZEV Grant for homeowners finishes on March 31st, 2022, which is the final date for installations under this scheme.
However, don’t wait until the last minute to get your charger installed because you could miss out on the grant due to overwhelming demand for OZEV-approved installers like Midlec Ltd.
Am I eligible for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for the EVHS grant:
- You must have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards.
- You must have off-street parking, such as a driveway or garage.
- Your home charger must be OZEV-approved and installed by an OZEV-approved charge point installer.
- You must provide evidence of keepership, lease, and be named as the primary user of the vehicle, or have a vehicle on order.
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or start date of vehicle use.
Is there anything replacing the OZEV Grant?
We are unsure of details confirmed of any new grants for the installation of EV Charging Points in the home. We’d recommend getting a quote today to save up to £350 on your installation with Midlec Ltd.
Watch this space, as soon as we have confirmed details of new grants and payment methods for you we will update our customers.
Why choose Midlec Ltd for the installation of an EV Charging Point?
Midlec Ltd are a NICEIC registered electrical firm supplying and installing Electric Vehicle Charging Points from a variety of manufacturers. Based in Belper, Derbyshire we have over 40 years’ experience in the electrical industry and are recognised by many well-known electric vehicle charging point brands, so you know your installation is in safe hands.
Here at Midlec Ltd, we our installation process as simple as can be. Our team aim to provide a local & friendly service so we can help your installation with ease.